an Unending Longing-Gurudev

I'am like a remnant of a cloud of autumn 
uselessly roaming in the sky,
O my Sun ever glorious!
Thy touch has not yet melted my vapour
making me one with thy light,
and thus I count months and years separated from thee.
If this be thy wish and if this be thy play,
Then take this fleeting emptiness of mine,
paint it with colours,
gild it with gold,
float it on the wanton wind and
spread it in varied wonders.
And again when it shall be thy wish  to end this play
at night,
I shall melt and vanish away in the dark,
Or it may be in a smile of the white morning,
in a coolness of purity of transparent.
                                                       -Geetanjali 
                                                              Rabindranath Tagore

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mayavati: Playing the caste card

Travelling on a local train.

Amarnath Pilgrim Attack in J&K