The TURN..

The turn

Back on their respective jobs, both got engaged in their activities.
Everything was good, well and happy but as the rule of nature says that
“Nothing is Permanent.”

It was during the months of November when entire Kashmir was covered with snow and Rajveer was posted in Udhampur- one of the hotbeds of several terrorists related activities. And it was on fire at that time of the year.
Attacks were going on and every day young soldiers were being killed, their bodies being brought up daily at the army headquarters to be sent back to their respective families.
Anika was asked from her agency that whether she would like to go on the new assignment to the Udhampur for gathering important news of various activities being carried out there.
Nothing would have been better for her than that, she would be able to meet him there and could also get some time to be with him.
She said Yes.
He came to pick her at the station, she ran into his arms, inhaling his intoxicating smell which she longed for something like centuries, his strong arms holding her very tightly.
“Hmmm, too long, isn’t it?”
“Yes”
“Let’s go.”
“yep”
“How is the situation here?”
“It is very tense here, and I can’t explain you much, you need to find out yourself.”
“Yes, I know.” She said holding his hand.
“And I have to report back at the headquarter right now”
“And I need to get back to my work, I have to send some news by night.”
“You are staying with your team?”
“Yes that is necessary” she said looking in his eyes.
“Listen,” he said pulling her by waist toward himself, “I missed you, and I love you. I just don’t know things are getting tough here. Since I am the Major so I need to take some very tough decision and execute them myself first.
Ani, please take care of yourself, okay,” he said rubbing her cheeks lightly.
“Veer” pulling him towards herself she kissed him and holding his face in his palm she said “we both are going to be fine, yeah?”
“okay, now my man needs to go because he has to do his duty and his girl needs to do her duty, isn’t it?”
“Okay.” He said shaking his head slightly.
“A lot of things are pending,” he said giving a crooked smile.

“Do they are?” she asked seductively, cocking her eyebrows up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mayavati: Playing the caste card

Travelling on a local train.

Amarnath Pilgrim Attack in J&K